Night Shift Radiology CT Technologist
The purpose of this position is to provide patients with the highest quality of care by focusing intently on customer service. The incumbent serves as a technologist to perform a variety of imaging procedures, including CT and X-Rays, at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Procedures will require independent judgment and ingenuity to produce optimum visualization of anatomic structures in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies and procedures. The Radiology Technologist also provides technical assistance and supportive patient care to assist the physicians, nurses and other technical and administrative staff in meeting the needs of individual patients throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate and maintain all imaging department equipment including but not limited to X-Ray, CT and PACS
• Perform all imaging exams in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulations, laws (ALARA) and ensure the physician on duty is notified of the results
• Perform basic clinical procedures under the direction of the physician and/or nurse on duty
• Maintain all required documentation, logs, charts, QA/QC for CT and DR X-Ray, forms and records in paper and electronic formats in Radiology
• Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations.
• Vascular access via peripheral intravenous access and venipuncture required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain an adequate supply of all reagents in lab, consumables and CT Contrast to perform quality testing both in Lab and Radiology
• Perform all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol for all imaging equipment
• Learns and performs 12-Lead EKGs
• Provides secondary support to Front Office Staff when required
• High School diploma or GED
• Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiology Technology
• Possess current BLS certification
• Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) as required by the state in which practicing – Texas
• Proficiency with most X-ray/CT equipment, manufacturer’s hardware/software and PACS
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, additional languages desirable
• 2+ years’ radiologic/imaging experience preferred
• 1+ year of emergency room experience preferred
• 2+ year of CT experience preferred
• Registered Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography and/or computed tomography preferred
Typical functions of this role include standing, sitting and walking a majority of the time. There are occasions when kneeling, stooping, bending or reaching may be necessary.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs on a regular basis. There may be occasions in which the employee must be able to lift or move up to 40 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
For questions please contact us at 210-305-1017.